Translate

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Poems




Grandmother's Pantry

Grandmother's pantry was never bare,
Always plenty of good things to eat there.
Homemade cookies and candy so yummy,
Sure tasted good and filled my tummy.

Grandfather would come in,
And then he'd ask,
Have you seen Little Mary,
I gave her a task.

Oh, she'll be here,
Grandmother would say,
Just give her a minute
She's on her way.

He didn't know,
What I'd been doing.
At least I didn't think so.
But Grandfather was grinning.

He knew all along,
What I'd been up to,
I'd come out with a song,
Grandfather, there's work to do.

Let's get it done,
Just me and you.
Before you know it,
We'll be all through.
Written By MJ January 6, 2008.


Grandmother's Swing


My Grandmother's Swing
Where we'd sit for hours, 
To hear the birds sing,
And watch  as the fledglings soar.

She'd swing so slowly,
My head upon her lap,
Ever so slightly,
While I took my nap.

I miss my grandmother's swing,
From so long ago,
I was so young,
And she was growing old.

My grandmother's swing
Has long since gone,
Along with my Grandmother,
But not for long.

For I will be with her,
In her arms once more,
My head upon her lap,
And we will soar.

Like the fledglings
Learning to fly,
We'll be in Heaven,
She and I.


Written By MJ January 06, 2008




Friends Are Angels 
Anonymous

  
Our friends are like angels
Who brighten our days
In all kinds of wonderful
Magical ways

Their thoughtfulness comes
As a gift from above
And we feel we're surrounded
By warm, caring love

Like upside-down rainbows
Their smiles bring the sun
And they fill ho-hum moments
With laughter and fun

Friends are like angels
Without any wings
Blessing our lives
With the most precious things  



No comments:

Post a Comment